KGKP “Almaty State College of Transport and Communication”
Education Department of AlmatyCODE
honor and professional ethics
college engineering staff1. General Provisions
1. This Code establishes the principles, rules of relations and standards of behavior of engineering and teaching staff of the college with students and their parents, with colleagues.
2. This Code is developed on the basis of the mission, policies, goals in the field of quality and values of the college.
3. The knowledge and observance by the engineering and teaching staff of the college of this Code is one of the criteria for assessing the quality of their professional activities and labor discipline.
4. Corporate culture and ethics are equally the work of all college teachers and staff.
5. This Code applies to all college employees, including management.
6. Engineering and teaching staff and college staff voluntarily assume obligations to comply with the principles, norms and rules of business communication and behavior established by this Code.
7. The text of this Code is posted on the college’s official website.
8. This Code is developed in accordance with regulatory legal acts and is based on generally recognized moral principles and standards of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) The Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 30, 1995;
2) The Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 23, 2015 No. 414-V ЗРК;
3) The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education” dated July 27, 2007 No. 319-II;
4) The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Combating Corruption” dated November 18, 2015 No. 410-V ЗРК;
5) an order of the acting Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Approving the Rules of Pedagogical Ethics” dated November 18, 2015 No. 9.
9. Moral decency, devotion to the interests of the college, and fidelity to professional duty form the basis of the moral and ethical standard of behavior for engineering and teaching staff and college staff.
10. In their activities, the teacher and the college employee must adhere to the following principles of pedagogical and official ethics:
1) patriotism: the teacher and employee should be patriots of their college, a devotee of values and corporate spirit, who through their actions and behavior preserve and strengthen the authority and image of the college in all areas of multifaceted activity; to educate students with pride, loyalty and respect for the homeland, state symbols of the Republic of Kazakhstan, pride in their college;
2) the conscientiousness of the teacher: assumes his responsibility for the result of training education, the ability to make adjustments in his activities, the developed ability to criticize and reflection, openness to any opinions of students, parents, colleagues;
3) the honesty of the teacher: involves the openness of his assessment activities, the transparency of the educational environment created by him. Honesty forbids the teacher to violate the rights of the student, his parents (legal representatives), colleagues;
4) respect for the honor and dignity of the individual: The teacher or college employee respects the honor and dignity of the student, parent, people who become objects of his professional attention, tactful in communicating with them. He sincerely wishes the student to develop, shows a willingness to always come to his aid, delicacy in assessing the student’s successes (failures). The use of methods of physical, moral and mental violence in relation to participants in the educational process is NOT ALLOWED;
5) respect for universal values: recognizing the priority of universal values, the teacher respects the characteristics, values and dignity of each national culture. A teacher or college employee fosters a culture of interethnic relations, awakens students from respecting the rights and dignity of all nations and all people, regardless of age, gender, language, nationality, religion, citizenship, origin, social, official or property status, or any other circumstances. A teacher or college employee helps create a climate of trust and respect in the team;
6) professional solidarity: the teacher cares about the prestige of the profession, respects the honor and dignity of colleagues, does not allow actions detrimental to the authority of the teacher. It is NOT ALLOWED, in any form, to abuse the trust of their colleagues, to prevent them from fulfilling professional duties, to cause them any damage. A teacher or college employee assists colleagues in raising the level of theoretical and methodological skills, in developing creative abilities, comes to the aid of colleagues in distress. Professional solidarity cannot justify injustice and injustice;
7) continuity of professional development: a teacher or college employee improves his professional skills, intellectual, creative and general scientific level.
11. In their activities, the teacher and employee of the college:
1) contribute to the education of students and pupils in the spirit of high morality, respect for parents, ethnocultural values, respect for the world around;
2) do not allow the commission of actions capable of discrediting the high rank of a pedagogical worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) conscientiously and efficiently perform their duties:
4) comply with the requirements of the quality management system (QMS) of the college;
5) continuously improve their professional skills, are actively engaged in self-education and self-improvement;
6) strictly observe labor discipline, come to work on time and without delay;
7) take measures to prevent corruption, by their personal behavior set an example of honesty, impartiality and justice;
8) do not allow the use of official information for personal and other personal purposes;
9) by personal example, contribute to the creation of a stable and positive moral and psychological situation in the team;
10) adhere to a business style in clothes during the performance of their official duties (strict and smart look, stylishness, restraint in colors, shoes and accessories; accuracy – a neat and well-groomed look, moderation in makeup, hairstyle should be in a calm style; men should to be trimmed and shaved; in the winter and off-season periods – to have removable shoes, it is unacceptable to be in outer clothing in the workplace, and also in headgear);
11) observe the general culture of behavior, show courtesy, attention to people, correctness, friendliness, responsiveness, punctuality;
12) care about the culture of their speech and communication style, turn to each other on “You”, regardless of age and / or position;
13) show respect for the customs and traditions of workers and students from different nationalities, take into account the characteristics of ethnic and national groups;
14) to eat in college in specially designated places;
15) take care of college property and do not use.
1) to humiliate the dignity of colleagues and students, use obscene words, show arrogance and familiarity;
2) to discuss with students the personal lives of colleagues and their shortcomings;
3) appear drunk and drink alcohol in college, smoke in an unaccompanied place;
4) accept gifts or monetary rewards from students;
5) to disseminate religious ideas, as well as opinions and attitudes that are contrary to interethnic unity and interfaith harmony. In college and other public places, wearing a hijab, beard and short trousers is excluded;
6) be late for work, reduce the time for classes or the performance of their duties, skip them for no good reason;
7) be rude and inattentive in the performance of their duties;
8) abuse of their official powers in relation to students, allow a biased attitude towards students and in assessing their knowledge;
9) to distribute false information about the decisions of the college administration and the activities of their units.
10) use all the possibilities and acceptable methods for students to accept the values of academic honesty, regularly remind students of this, strictly observe these principles themselves;
11) timely and efficiently develop the CMC;
12) conduct classes using new modern forms of training;
13) constantly improve their professional level of qualification, improve skills and abilities;
14) to prevent plagiarism, both in the works of students and in their teaching and research activities;
15) when developing educational, educational and methodical works, writing scientific research articles, they should indicate links to sources and at the end of the work provide a list of sources used;
16) develop students’ skills in searching and analyzing sources, advising students on the use of modern requirements for linking, bibliography;
17) explain the requirements for the assignment or work in relation to the principles of academic honesty;
18) to conscientiously respond to cases of dishonesty on the part of students, such as cheating, plagiarism, falsification of data, the use of assistive devices during the exam, examinations, etc .;
19) timely check the work of students and bring grades to them.
20) Works performed in violation of the principles of academic honesty cannot be evaluated and must be redone (or received and a similar task completed) within the deadlines set by the teacher. Grade for the redone work is reduced. In case of untimely delivery of the redone work, in case of delay without good reason, an unsatisfactory mark is set for the work.
21) With repeated and subsequent violations of the principles of academic honesty, the opportunity to rewrite the work is not provided.
22) If academic honesty is not observed in the exam or during current and midterm control, the student is given an unsatisfactory mark.
15. The head of the structural unit must:
1) to be an example of professionalism with his professional and inhumane behavior, serve as an example of justice, goodwill and attentiveness to people, contribute to the formation in the team of a favorable moral and psychological climate for effective work; set an example for subordinates;
2) is demanding to be to himself and strives for self-improvement;
3) base the norms and principles of their behavior on the basic rules of professional ethics and business communication;
4) show respect for the personality of subordinates, do not infringe on their dignity;
5) create a friendly and businesslike atmosphere in the team;
6) be able to admit to subordinates their own mistakes and not prosecute them for constructive criticism of themselves;
7) the head does not have the right to transfer his responsibility to colleagues and subordinates.16. The employee must:
1) strictly observe labor discipline;
2) timely inform directly the head of the reasons for the absence.
3) do not respond in the presence of colleagues to the incorrect behavior of the leader;
4) know in person the college administration, their name and patronymic;
5) when meeting in a corridor or in an open area with a leader, say hello first;
6) entering the room, say hello to those present first.
7) openly express their opinions and apply with statements and suggestions to the leadership of the college and structural units on educational issues, scientific work, QMS and the organization of the college’s internal life;
8) avoidance of involvement in conflict situations, which may damage his personal authority and business reputation, or the authority and reputation of the college.
17. Meetings and meetings:
1) come to the meeting or meeting on time;
2) get acquainted in advance with the agenda and have with him all the necessary materials;
3) disconnect mobile phones before the start of a meeting or meeting;
4) it is necessary to treat the speakers with respect, observe silence and order, ask questions only after the performance;
5) quietly apologize when leaving and returning to the hall during the meeting;
6) do not use the tribune of the meeting to solve personal problems.
1) answer incoming calls quickly, specifically, when answering, give your name, first name and position;
2) when calling a college unit, you should introduce yourself to the interlocutor (give your name and patronymic and / or position and / or name of the unit), and ask whether the interlocutor can currently take the time to talk;
3) when calling other organizations, you should introduce yourself (give your last name, first name and patronymic, position, name of the college), clarify whether the interlocutor is comfortable talking at the moment;
4) as a rule, the caller should end the conversation;
5) if the issue on which the employee needs to contact colleagues or external representatives is not urgent, you should give preference to communication by e-mail.5.4. Ethical Rules for Engaging with External Structures, Partners, and the Media
19. When interacting with external organizations, social partners and employers of the college, its structural divisions, teachers, and employees are guided by:
1) high standards of business ethics;
2) the principle of reliability of the information provided;
3) the principle of priority in resolving disagreements and disputes through negotiations and compromises.
20. When interacting with the media, college teachers and staff:
1) act in the interests of the college, support its image, do not take actions that damage the interests of the college;
2) refrain from discrediting the college;
3) do not allow the misuse of information obtained in the course of the performance of their duties;
4) do not allow the dissemination of false information.
6. Final Provisions
1. When hiring, the personnel inspector is obliged to inform the teacher or employee about the duties, rights and actions within his professional competence, to familiarize him with the content of the qualification characteristics, quality management system documents (QMS) and this Code.
2. Violation of the provisions of the Code is considered as an action incompatible with the status of a teacher and a college employee.
3.To consider issues related to the violation of ethical standards and rules established by this Code, a Disciplinary Commission has been created.
4.For violation of the Code, the following measures may be applied to the teacher or staff member:
1) recommendations for a public apology;
2) discussion of the behavior of the teaching staff and the college administration on the College Disciplinary Commission;
3) disciplinary and administrative penalties.
5. The college management has the right to apply the following penalties to the teacher or employee who has violated the norms of this Code:
1) verbal warning / remark:
2) a written warning / comment;
4) a strict reprimand with entry in a private matter;